- 7 oz box
- speculoos cookie biscuits (approx 2 cups)
- 6-8 Tbsp
- butter (melted)
- 1 pkg
- butterscotch instant pudding (i used sugar free)
- 1 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- speculoos spread (cookie butter-smooth or crunchy)
- 4 oz
- mascarpone cheese (softened)
- 8 oz
- cool whip (divided)
- carmel sauce for garnish
How to Make SPECULOOS DESSERT
- 1PIE CRUST:
Break up cookies in a zip lock bag with rolling pin until fine crumbs. Pour into a bowl. Melt butter in microwave oven for about 30 seconds or until melted. Pour butter into cookie crumbs, stir with spoon until crumbs are smooth and wet.
Pour into pie pan or choice of dessert container. I used two 6 x 8.5 aluminum pans and only covered the bottom of the pans with cookie crumbs. Bake 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Cool
- 2In a mixer, blend pudding, milk, 4 oz. mascarpone cheese, cookie butter spread, 1/2 of cool whip (saving other half for top of dessert, if desired). Mix all ingredients until light and fluffy.
Pour into desired pans
Add remaining cool whip (if desired) and garnish with caramel sauce. Chill for no less than 2 hours to set.
NOTE: I found the remaining cool whip made the dessert too rich for me, next time I will leave it off and just use the caramel sauce for garnish)