Sparkling Sour Cream Sugar Cookies
How to Make Sparkling Sour Cream Sugar Cookies
- 1In mixing bowl, beat butter for 30 seconds using electric mixer. Add sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt, beat well. Beat in sour cream, egg, orange peel and lemon extract.
- 2Beat in as much flour as you can with mixer, using wooden spoon stir in remaining flour. Divide in half and cover, chill 1 to 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- 3On a well floured surface, roll out half of the dough at a time to 1/4 inch thickness. Using a cookie cutter, cut dough into desired shapes. Place cookies 1 inch apart on a ungreased cookie sheet.
- 4Bake at 375 degree for 6 to 7 minutes or until edges are firm and bottoms are light brown. Transfer to wire rack, cool.
- 5Prepare Powdered Icing or frosting, spread the mixture over cookies, immediately top each cookie with candied orange peel.
- 6Powdered Sugar Icing:
In a medium mixing bowl, beat together 4 Cup sifted powdered sugar and 1/4 Cup milk. Stir in additional milk if needed, 1 tsp at a time, until glaze is easy to spread. Tint with food coloring if you like.