Sparkling Sour Cream Sugar Cookies
How to Make Sparkling Sour Cream Sugar Cookies
- In mixing bowl, beat butter for 30 seconds using electric mixer. Add sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt, beat well. Beat in sour cream, egg, orange peel and lemon extract.
- Beat in as much flour as you can with mixer, using wooden spoon stir in remaining flour. Divide in half and cover, chill 1 to 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- On a well floured surface, roll out half of the dough at a time to 1/4 inch thickness. Using a cookie cutter, cut dough into desired shapes. Place cookies 1 inch apart on a ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degree for 6 to 7 minutes or until edges are firm and bottoms are light brown. Transfer to wire rack, cool.
- Prepare Powdered Icing or frosting, spread the mixture over cookies, immediately top each cookie with candied orange peel.
- Powdered Sugar Icing:
In a medium mixing bowl, beat together 4 Cup sifted powdered sugar and 1/4 Cup milk. Stir in additional milk if needed, 1 tsp at a time, until glaze is easy to spread. Tint with food coloring if you like.