☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 cbutter, room temperature
2 1/4 cpowdered sugar, divided
2 tspvanilla, pure extract
2 ca. p. flour
1 cpinon nuts (pine nuts)
How to Make Southwest-Style Pinon Cookies
- In a large bow, beat butter, 1/4 cup of the powdered sugar and vanilla until well combined. Stir in flour and pine nuts.
- Pinch dough into approximately 2 inch portions on a lightly floured board and roll each portion into a rope 1/2 inch thick. Cut the rope into 2 inch lengths.
- Place the pieces of dough, side by side, about 1 inch apart on two ungreased 10 x 15 inch baking sheets.
- Bake at 275 degrees F until edges are light golden brown - approximately 25-30 minutes. *Switch baking sheets around halfway during baking process.
- While cookies are still warm and still on baking sheets, sift remaining powdered (through a sieve) evenly over the cookies. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Cool completely before serving.