Southern Pecan Butterball,
- 1 c
- butter, room temperature
- 1/2 c
- sifted powdered (confectioner's) sugar
- 2 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 c
- all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp
- 3/4 c
- finely chopped toasted nuts*
- powdered (confectioner's) sugar
* HOW TO TOAST NUTS - SPREAD NUTS IN A SINGLE LAYER ON A BAKING PAN (ONE WITH WALLS IS BEST) FOR TOASTING IN THE OVEN. COOK AT 400 DEGREES F FOR 7 TO 10 MINUTES OR UNTIL THE NUTS START TO TURN GOLDEN. SHAKE THE PAN HALFWAY THROUGH TOASTING.
VARIATION: SUBSTITUTE 1 CUP MINIATURE SEMISWEET CHOCOLATE CHIPS FOR THE NUTS.
How to Make Southern Pecan Butterball,
- 1In a large bowl, cream butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until light and fluffy. Sift in flour and salt; stir until well mixed. Mix in nuts. Refrigerate 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Place onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set but not brown. Remove from oven and cool slightly on wire cooling racks. While cookies are baking, place the powdered sugar in a shallow dish.
- 3While still warm, roll cookies in powdered sugar. When cookies have cooled, roll them again in the confectioners sugar to give them a nice even coating of sugar. Store in an airtight container.