Sour Cream Sugar Cookies
Anna Mae Kantor
I would always make a double or triple batch as they'd be gone too fast if I only made a single batch.
1 cbutter (2 sticks)
1 cgranulated sugar
1 largeegg (slightly beaten)
1/4 csour cream
3 call purpose flour
1/2 tspground nutmeg
1 tspbaking soda
·extra granulated sugar for rolling cookie dough in.
How to Make Sour Cream Sugar Cookies
- Beat butter with mixer until creamy. Stir in sugar gradually, then beat until fluffy. Stir in egg and sour cream. Mix well.
- Sift together the flour, nutmeg, baking soda and salt. Stir into mixture and mix thoroughly with mixer.
- Chill for about 1 hour. Roll into 1 inch balls and then roll into a small bowl of sugar to coat.
- Place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes. Makes about 6 dozen. Don't overbake.
- Can be decorated differently for the seasons of the year or for each occasion. With red or green sugars at Christmas, red and blue sugars makes them patriotic, or by topping with a walnut or pecan and pressing them into the dough so it sticks, or by rolling in cinnamon sugar mixture. Any way at all
they're sure to please.
- Great served with a cup of coffee or tea or a big glass of milk. Enjoy!!