Sour Cream Cookies
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 1/2 csugar
1 Tbspvanilla extract
3 1/4 call purpose flour (plus 2 add'l tablespoons)
3 tspbaking powder
1 csour cream
3/4 tspbaking soda
·frost as desired (canned chocolate fudge frosting works well!)
How to Make Sour Cream Cookies
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together sugar and margarine. Add eggs and beat in with the vanilla.
- Into a separate bowl, sift all the flour and mix with the baking powder and salt.
- Mix the baking soda into the sour cream. (Volume will increase slightly.)
- Alternately mix the flour and sour cream mixtures into the sugar and margarine mixture until well blended.
- Using a small size cookie scoop, place dough 2-3" apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet. (Using a scoop keeps them nice and round-but not necessary to use.) Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Remove from cookie sheet and cool on wire rack. Frost as desired. (I tend to use 1 and a half to 2 cans of prepared frosting for these.)