★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 stickmargerine or butter
1/2 cbutter flavor shortening
1 1/2 csugar
2 3/4 call purpose flour
2 tspcream of tartar
1 tspbaking soda
How to Make Soft Snickerdoodle Cookies
- preheat oven to 350
- Mix butter, 1 1/2 c.sugar and eggs thoroughly in large bowl until fluffly.
- Combine flour, cream of tarter,baking soda, and salt in seperate bowl.
- Blend dry ingredients into butter mixture, just until well combined don't over beat.
- Chill dough,and baking sheets for 10-15 min.
- Combine 3 Tbs. sugar and 3tsp. cinnamon in small bowl.
- Scoop 1" balls of dough into sugar mixture and gently roll to coat balls
- Place balls on ungreased chilled baking sheets and bake 9-10 min.
- Remove from sheet immediately on to cooling racks