Soft Iced Pineapple Cookies
But sometimes you simply need something different.
These cookies will surely fit the bill for different and yummy.
They are sweet, they are soft and few people would expect a pineapple cookie.
Try them .. you won't be sorry !
1 can(s)8 0z size crushed pineapple *** see notes
1 cpacked light brown sugar
1 tsppure vanilla
2 cap flour
1 1/2 tspbaking powder
1/4 tspbaking soda
1 1/2 cconfectioners' sugar
How to Make Soft Iced Pineapple Cookies
- Preheat oven to 325
- Drain pineapple but reserve 3 Tablespoons of the juice.
- Cream together the shortening and sugar. Add the egg and mix well. Add the pineapple and vanilla and mix completely.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Slowly combine with the wet ingredients until thoroughly mixed.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet. Optionally you can use a silpat without greasing. Place the cookies about 2" apart.
- Bake at 325 for 17 - 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Immediately remove from baking sheet to a cooling rack.
- Combine confectioner sugar and pineapple juice to a smooth spreading consistency.
Spred on the tops of the cooled cookies.
- These cookies keep very well in an airtight container and stay nice and soft and moist for a very long time.
- ***** NOTES:
I have used fresh pineapple in these cookies and let me tell you, they are even more awesome !
Also, I made this same recipe with fresh oranges and they were delicious.
If you like coconut you might consider adding a small amount of that to your batter.