Soft Iced Pineapple Cookies
But sometimes you simply need something different.
These cookies will surely fit the bill for different and yummy.
They are sweet, they are soft and few people would expect a pineapple cookie.
Try them .. you won't be sorry !
- 1 can(s)
- 8 0z size crushed pineapple *** see notes
- 1/2 c
- 1 c
- packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp
- pure vanilla
- 2 c
- ap flour
- 1 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/4 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 1/2 c
- confectioners' sugar
How to Make Soft Iced Pineapple Cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 325
- 2Drain pineapple but reserve 3 Tablespoons of the juice.
- 3Cream together the shortening and sugar. Add the egg and mix well. Add the pineapple and vanilla and mix completely.
- 4Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Slowly combine with the wet ingredients until thoroughly mixed.
- 5Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet. Optionally you can use a silpat without greasing. Place the cookies about 2" apart.
- 6Bake at 325 for 17 - 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Immediately remove from baking sheet to a cooling rack.
- 7Combine confectioner sugar and pineapple juice to a smooth spreading consistency.
Spred on the tops of the cooled cookies.
- 8These cookies keep very well in an airtight container and stay nice and soft and moist for a very long time.
- 9***** NOTES:
I have used fresh pineapple in these cookies and let me tell you, they are even more awesome !
Also, I made this same recipe with fresh oranges and they were delicious.
If you like coconut you might consider adding a small amount of that to your batter.