Soft & Chewy Sugar Cookies
Annamaria Settanni McDonald
2 3/4 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking soda
1/2 tspbaking powder
1 cbutter, softened
1 1/2 cwhite sugar
1/2 tsppure vanilla extract
1 tsplemon extract
1 Tbspdried lemon peel
1/2 csugar for rolling cookies
How to Make Soft & Chewy Sugar Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until smooth and very fluffy.
- Beat in egg, vanilla extract, lemon extract and lemon peel.
- Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
- Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and roll in sugar. Place on lined cookie sheets about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned.
- Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.