HINT: If you're a grandma, bake up a batch of these cookies for the grandkids. BEFORE you give them a cookie, read them the story of Frosty the Snowman.
2 pkgsugar cookie mix (prepared as directed on the package)
1 pkglarge marshmallows
2 cconfectioners' sugar
3 - 4 tspmilk
4 tsplight corn syrup
1/2 tspalmond extract
12mini-oreo cookies (white filling removed)
12oreo cookies (white filling removed)
·black, brown, orange, red and green betty crocker cookie icings
·red candy pearl
How to Make Snowman Cookies
- Prepare the cookie mixes as directed and roll the dough to about 1/3 inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Using a 3 inch circular cookie cutter to cut out the cookies. Bake the cookies according to package directions and allow them to completely cool.
- In a small bowl, stir together confectioners sugar and milk until smooth. Beat in the corn syrup and almond extract until the icing is smooth and glossy. If the icing is too thick, add more corn syrup. The consistency should thin enough to drip "slightly" off of the cookies.
- Immediately prepare the marshmallows while the cookie sets up or drys. Spray a microwave safe plate with PAM for Baking. Place the marshmallows on the plate and microwave for approximately 10 seconds. Be sure to watch the marshmallows as they cook. IMMEDIATELY stop the cooking process as soon as the marshmallows START to expand.
- Carefully pull the marshmallows off the plate by the base and set a marshmallow near the edge of an iced cookie. Watch that the marshmallow does not slide off off the cookie as it sets drys. Allow the icing to completely dry (about 8 hours) before decorating. The iced cookies will be shiny and very easy to store.
- Decorate the snowmen as you'd like using the cookie icing. (I use brown for the arms, black for the eyes and mouth, orange for the nose and red for the bow tie.)
- Using some of the cookie icing, attach a half of a Mini-Oreo Cookie to the center of a half of regular sized Oreo cookie. Decorate the hat by using green cookie icing and a red decorator jimmy or pearl candy to resemble holly.)
- Finally, put a dab of the cookie icing on the snowman's head and hold the "hat" in place to keep it from sliding off the snowman's head.........a few seconds.