By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/4 tspcream of tartar
1/2 tspvanilla extract
1 csemisweet chocolate chips
2white chocolate baking bars, chopped
How to Make Snow Caps
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In large mixer bowl, combine egg whites and cream of tartar.
- Beat at highest speed of electric mixer until mixture is just frothy.
- Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat until stiff peaks form, then add vanilla; beat 1 minute.
- Fold in chocolate chips and drop mixture by teaspoonfuls, 1" apart, onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 2 hours or until meringues are thoroughly dry to touch but not browned, rotating baking sheets halfway through baking.
- Turn off heat and leave in closed oven 3-4 hours or until completely dry.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Carefully remove from parchment.
- Melt white chocolate in top of double boiler over hot, not boiling, water.
- Stir constantly until chocolate melts.
- Dip top of each cookie into melted chocolate, if desired.
- Place on waxed paper to dry.
- Store at room temperature in tightly covered containers--makes about 6 dozen cookies.