By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- egg whites
- 1/4 tsp
- cream of tartar
- 3/4 c
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 c
- semisweet chocolate chips
- white chocolate baking bars, chopped
How to Make Snow Caps
- 1Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- 2Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 3In large mixer bowl, combine egg whites and cream of tartar.
- 4Beat at highest speed of electric mixer until mixture is just frothy.
- 5Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 6Beat until stiff peaks form, then add vanilla; beat 1 minute.
- 7Fold in chocolate chips and drop mixture by teaspoonfuls, 1" apart, onto prepared baking sheets.
- 8Bake 2 hours or until meringues are thoroughly dry to touch but not browned, rotating baking sheets halfway through baking.
- 9Turn off heat and leave in closed oven 3-4 hours or until completely dry.
- 10Remove from oven and cool completely.
- 11Carefully remove from parchment.
- 12Melt white chocolate in top of double boiler over hot, not boiling, water.
- 13Stir constantly until chocolate melts.
- 14Dip top of each cookie into melted chocolate, if desired.
- 15Place on waxed paper to dry.
- 16Store at room temperature in tightly covered containers--makes about 6 dozen cookies.