Snickers Bar Cookies
Many variations have the cookie dough wrapped around the snickers bar, so I took it all apart and created my own dough recipe with cut up snickers in the dough.
I also used Whole Wheat flour to give the cookie some body, better flavor and some whole grain goodness. AP flour is so old school, and not as healthy.
1 cvegetable shortening
1/4 choney roast peanut butter
1 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
2 1/2 cwhole wheat flour
1 tspbaking soda
2 tspnatural vanilla extract
1 1/2 ccut up snickers bars (approx 30 minis cut in 1/4's)
How to Make Snickers Bar Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl cream together shortening, peanut butter, sugars, molasses and vanilla. Add in one egg at a time at blend on medium speed till mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add baking soda and salt to flour and then gradually add to creamed mixture on low speed. Do not over mix.
- Add in snickers bars and mix together to fully incorporate ingredients.
- Drop by rounded cookie scoop (Muffin scoop-2 tbsp) onto greased airbake cookie trays. If you do not spray them you will need a chisel to remove the baked caramel that oozes from the cookies when they cool.
- Bake for 6 minutes, pull from oven and press a sugared fork onto the tops in crisscross pattern to slightly flatten cookies. Put back into over for another 5-6 minutes or until cookies just begin to set.
- As usual, make sure you try one before emailing Wendy Rusch on how much you enjoy their caramel flavor.