Snickers Bar Cookies
Many variations have the cookie dough wrapped around the snickers bar, so I took it all apart and created my own dough recipe with cut up snickers in the dough.
I also used Whole Wheat flour to give the cookie some body, better flavor and some whole grain goodness. AP flour is so old school, and not as healthy.
- 1 c
- vegetable shortening
- 1/4 c
- honey roast peanut butter
- 1 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- 2 large
- 2 1/2 c
- whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 2 tsp
- natural vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c
- cut up snickers bars (approx 30 minis cut in 1/4's)
How to Make Snickers Bar Cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- 2In a large mixing bowl cream together shortening, peanut butter, sugars, molasses and vanilla. Add in one egg at a time at blend on medium speed till mixture is light and fluffy.
- 3Add baking soda and salt to flour and then gradually add to creamed mixture on low speed. Do not over mix.
- 4Add in snickers bars and mix together to fully incorporate ingredients.
- 5Drop by rounded cookie scoop (Muffin scoop-2 tbsp) onto greased airbake cookie trays. If you do not spray them you will need a chisel to remove the baked caramel that oozes from the cookies when they cool.
- 6Bake for 6 minutes, pull from oven and press a sugared fork onto the tops in crisscross pattern to slightly flatten cookies. Put back into over for another 5-6 minutes or until cookies just begin to set.
- 7As usual, make sure you try one before emailing Wendy Rusch on how much you enjoy their caramel flavor.