How to Make Snickerdoodles
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- 3Put butter and 1 1/2 c. sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about three minutes. Mix in eggs.
- 4Reduce speed to low and gradually incorporate flour mixture.
- 5In a small bowl, stir together remaining 1/4 c. sugar and cinnamon to preferred ratio.
- 6Shape dough into 1 3/4 in. balls (you should have about 20). Roll in cinnamon sugar and place three inches apart on baking sheets lines with Silpat or parchment paper.
- 7Bake cookies, rotating sheets halfway through, until edges are golden, twelve to 15 minutes. Let cool on wire racks. Cookies can set out for Santa or stored between layers of parchment in an airtight container for up to three days.