Clorissa Marie Forbs
In Loving Memory of Edna Mae Boyce
Dec. 25, 1927-Aug. 13, 2011
1 csoft shortening
1 1/2 csugar
2 3/4 csifted flour
2 tspcream of tartar
1 tspbaking soda
AFTER DOUGH INGREDIENTS
How to Make Snickerdoodles
- Mix together thoroughly the shortening, sugar, and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Mix in with batter from STEP 1.
- Chill dough for about an hour.
- Take dough and roll into balls about the size of a walnut and then roll in sugar and cinnamon.
- Place about 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Cook on 400 for about 8-10 minutes.
*Note: These cookies will puff at first, then flatten out with crinkled tops.