SnickerDoodle Cookies..Regular and Chocolate
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 stick of unsalted butter (1/2 cup),softened
- ¼ cup crisco
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2¾ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tarter
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- note: to make chocolate snickerdoodles... ½ cup of unsweetened cocoa can be substituted for ½ cup flour.
How to Make SnickerDoodle Cookies..Regular and Chocolate
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2In a small bowl combine the 3 Tablespoons of sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, beat 1½ cups sugar, butter and Crisco until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and eggs; beat until well blended.
- 4Lightly spoon the flour into the measuring cup; level off. Add the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt to the butter-sugar mixture; mix well.
- 5Optional: Chill the mixture for 20-30 minutes, or grease your hands with a little crisco or oil for easier handling of the dough.
- 7Bake at 400 degrees for 7-9 minutes or until set. Immediately remove from cookie sheets and cool on rack.