SnickerDoodle Cookies..Regular and Chocolate
·1½ cups sugar
·1 stick of unsalted butter (1/2 cup), softened
·¼ cup crisco
·2 teaspoons vanilla
·2¾ cups flour
·1 teaspoon cream of tarter
·½ teaspoon baking soda
·¼ teaspoon salt
·3 tablespoons sugar
·3 teaspoons cinnamon
·note: to make chocolate snickerdoodles... ½ cup of unsweetened cocoa can be substituted for ½ cup flour.
How to Make SnickerDoodle Cookies..Regular and Chocolate
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine the 3 Tablespoons of sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat 1½ cups sugar, butter and Crisco until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and eggs; beat until well blended.
- Lightly spoon the flour into the measuring cup; level off. Add the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt to the butter-sugar mixture; mix well.
- Optional: Chill the mixture for 20-30 minutes, or grease your hands with a little crisco or oil for easier handling of the dough.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 7-9 minutes or until set. Immediately remove from cookie sheets and cool on rack.