Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Cookies
1 1/2 csugar
1 cbutter, softened
2 3/4 call purpose flour
2 tspcream of tartar
1 tspbaking soda
2 tspcinnamon, ground
CREAM CHEESE FILLING
8 ozcream cheese
2 tspvanilla extract
How to Make Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Cookies
- Mix the cream cheese filling and set to the side.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix 1 1/2 cups sugar, the butter, and eggs in large bowl. Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- Mix the 1/4 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons of sugar in a small bowl and set to the side.
- Shape dough into two 2-inch balls. Flatten each one like in the video. Apply your filling to one flattened ball with your method of choice. Greg @ The Oatmeal Cookie Blog spoons his filling into the cookie. I took the advice from one of his readers and piped the filling in using a zip lock bag.
- Take the other flattened ball and "sandwich" the two with the filling in the middle. Pinch the edges together (like a ravioli) then gently & slowly roll the ball between your palms until it is smooth and round. The dough will be fragile and will probably crack open every now and then. Just take a pinch a of dough and apply it over the crack like a band aid. (you will need to wash off your hands between each cookie or the dough will start to stick to your hands.)
- Roll the ball into the cinnamon and sugar mixture then place on a freezer safe plate.
- Continue with #'s 6-8 until your plate is full.
- Place the plate in the freezer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Remove from cookie sheet. cool on wire rack.