Snicker Doodles (Another variation)
The other part "From Amish and Memonnite Kitchens" a favorite cookbook of mine.
Also check out the lemony doodles on this site!
How to Make Snicker Doodles (Another variation)
- When ready to bake preheat oven to 400 degree
I cut numerous sheets of parchment paper to cover my 3 cookie sheets so I don't have to wash in between baking.
- Cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs and beat well
- Sift together - flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually stir into creamed mixture
- CHILL DOUGH FOR 2 HOURS OR MORE ( makes it so much easier to handle). Can chill for up to 5 days
- Form into balls the size of walnuts. Use 1 teaspoon for bite size, or 1/2 tablespoor for medium size.
- Combine 2 TBLS sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon into a gallon baggie. Using this drop in balls and shake to coat well. ( I usually make too much cinnamon/sugar so I store the left overs in the freezer. Don't know if this is "proper" but it works for me.
- Bake at 400 degree for 10 minutes. Watch so they don't burn. They should be light brown.
- I cool mine on the cookie sheets (covered with parchment paper) so they get crunchy