Annamaria Settanni McDonald
1/2 cbutter, room temperature
1/4 cbrown sugar
1 tsppure vanilla extract
3/4 cgraham cracker crumbs
1 1/3 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking powder
2king-sized milk chocolate bars
1 1/2marshmallow cream/fluff
How to Make Smores Bars
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light. Beat in egg and vanilla. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt. Add to butter mixture and mix at a low speed until combined.
- Divide dough in half and press half of dough into an even layer on the bottom of the prepared pan. Place chocolate bars over dough. 2 king-sized Hershey’s bars should fit perfectly side by side, but break the chocolate (if necessary) to get it to fit in a single layer no more than 1/4 inch thick. Spread chocolate with marshmallow creme or fluff. Place remaining dough in a single layer on top of the fluff (most easily achieved by flattening the dough into small shingles and laying them together).
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
- NOTE: These are great warmed back up in the microwave. To spread the fluff easier, spray your spatula with non stick cooking spray to prevent it sticking to spatula.