★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 c
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 tsp
- baking soda
- 2 c
- flour (enough to make a stiff dough to roll out)
- 1 tsp
- cream of tartar
How to Make Sissy Shattuck's Filled Cookies
- 1Cream butter and sugar,add egg, then milk, then a cup and a half of flour with cream of tartar and soda.
Roll out on a floured pastry cloth or board with enough flour to make a stiff dough.
Cut circles with a cookie cutter and rings for the top or cut circles and slit the top cookie.
- 2Place bottom cokies on a greased cookie sheet. Put one tablespoon of mincemeat or the filling in the center of each cookie and top with the rings or circle cookies. Slit top if using circle cookies.
Press the edges together with a fork.
- 3Bake at 375 degrees for10 or 12 minutes. Cool on a rack
2/3 cup raisins or currants
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons of flour ( whisk into water)
Cook together until thick. About 10 minutes on medium heat. After cooling, lemon extract may be added, if desired.
- 5Makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies