Mary Ann Thompson
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 c
- 1 c
- pecans, in pieces (or nut of your choice)
- graham crackers, enough to line pan
How to Make Sin Cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil. (I use the big 1/4 sheet baking pans! More cookies!)
Cover the pan with a single layer of the whole graham crackers
- 2Combine the brown sugar, butter and nuts in a saucepan. Heat over medium high heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Boil for one minute. Pour evenly over the graham crackers
- 3Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake until the entire surface is bubbly. Remove from oven, let cool completely and break into pieces. ENJOY!!!!!!
- 4The above is the original recipe, but I just have to "sin" just a little bit more! When I take them out of the oven I sprinkle dark chocolate chips over the top while they're still hot. I let them sit for a few minutes and then spread the chocolate with a knife. After letting them cool for a while I then place them in the refrigerator so the chocolate will harden faster! I want to eat them NOW!!!
I bet these would also be good with dried cranberries or cheeries sprinkled over them.....or maybe coconut......or different flavor of chips..peanut butter, butterscotch, milk chocolate, white chocolate.........I think I need to go back to the store!