Simple Short Bread Cookies!
How to Make Simple Short Bread Cookies!
- 1Blend butter & sugar together, until well blended.
- 2Add flour gradually, then add 1 T Vanilla at a time.
- 3Optional - scrape inside of 2 Vanilla beans with knife, place scraped beans into mixture. Cut back to 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract, if you decide on using the Vanilla Beans instead.
- 4Mix until it is well blended, if dough is dry, just add 1 to 2 T water at time to form a soft dough.
- 5Shape dough into 2 medium size balls, flatten slightly.
- 6Roll out dough to 1/3 to 1/2 inch thick, then cut desired shape with knife into rectangle 3 inches by 2 inches (optional). You may also use a cookie cutter for different shapes.
- 7Dust with desired color sugar, crystalized sugar, and/or candy decorations.
- 8Place on cookie sheet at 325 F, 12 to 16 minutes.
- 10BAKER'S NOTE: I generally use Watkins Vanilla Flavoring or pure Vanilla Extract, it will save you time, than scraping the inside of the Vanilla Bean. :) Enjoy!!