You will need a "pastry blender" to cut in the butter into the flour. A fancy food processor can be used also.
This is not just easy it is super easy..
How to Make Shortbread Cookies
- Cut in all 3 ingredients using a hand pastry blender. It will look like crumbs and may take 4-5 minutes to do this. It will be dry.
- On a clean surface, sprinkle some flour and turn the butter crumbs onto this surface and knead the crumbs into a smooth ball. You may think that this will never happen but with the warmth of your hands it will happen. It may take you 3-5 minutes.
- Now you have the butter dough in front of you. Devide in half. Now you need 2, 8 inch cake pans. Place each of the devided dough into a round 8 inch cake pan and pat each dough flat into the pans. NOTE: no need to spray the cake pans, the butter in the flour does the trick.
- Now take a knife and score the dough into 8 wedge, pie shape pieces and then prick each pie shape with a fork. Each pan will have 8 pieces totalling 16 wedges.
- Bake in a preheated 325 oven for 25-30 minutes. As soon as you remove the 2 cake pans, take a knife and re-score the cut lines in the shortbread.
Allow cooling time. Another little extra is to dip the cool edge of the wedge of shortbread into a good chocolate that has been melted. Dove or Guittard Chocolate is best.