SHAMROCK SHORTBREAD COOKIES
**This recipe comes from Mr. Food.
How to Make SHAMROCK SHORTBREAD COOKIES
- PREHEAT: Oven to 350 degrees F.
- IN: A large bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, cream butter and sugar.
ADD eggs and vanilla; beat 1 to 2 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- GRADUALLY: Add flour and beat 2 minutes, or until well blended.
FORM dough into 2 balls; cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- ON: A lightly floured work surface, using a rolling pin, roll 1 ball of dough to 1/4-inch thickness.
USING cookie cutters or a knife, cut into St. Patrick's Day or other desired shapes.
PLACE shapes 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
REPEAT with remaining ball of dough.
- BAKE: 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden around edges.
REMOVE to a wire rack to cool completely.
***ENJOY these plain or sprinkle with colored sugar or sprinkles before baking.
You can also frost and decorate the cookies once they've cooled.
Do your own thing!***