Sesame Seed Cookies
Customary, these are made in a donut shape. I oftentimes just make them round for ease.
Now that I am grown and no longer Greek Orthodox, I just make these for my family because they love them. These are fabulous with coffee.
How to Make Sesame Seed Cookies
- 1Combine the sugar, salt, anise & baking powder.
- 2Add the anise extract, eggs & flour. Mix well.
- 3Add 6 cups of flour first to make a soft pliable dough. If needed add more flour 1/4 cup at a time.
- 4Scoop out 1/4 cup fulls.
- 5Roll each about 6"-7" long.
- 6Pinch edges to make a nice donut shape.
- 7Dip the tops of each one into sesame seeds.
- 8Place on ungreased baking sheet about 2" apart.
- 9Bake at 350' for about 6 minutes for a soft cookie or longer for a crispy cookie.
- 10***If you don't want to go through the step of making them into doughnut shape, simply take the 1/4 cup fulls of dough. Roll into ball. Flatten slightly with a glass then dip in sesame seeds.