Sesame Seed Cookies
Customary, these are made in a donut shape. I oftentimes just make them round for ease.
Now that I am grown and no longer Greek Orthodox, I just make these for my family because they love them. These are fabulous with coffee.
How to Make Sesame Seed Cookies
- Combine the sugar, salt, anise & baking powder.
- Add the anise extract, eggs & flour. Mix well.
- Add 6 cups of flour first to make a soft pliable dough. If needed add more flour 1/4 cup at a time.
- Scoop out 1/4 cup fulls.
- Roll each about 6"-7" long.
- Pinch edges to make a nice donut shape.
- Dip the tops of each one into sesame seeds.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet about 2" apart.
- Bake at 350' for about 6 minutes for a soft cookie or longer for a crispy cookie.
- ***If you don't want to go through the step of making them into doughnut shape, simply take the 1/4 cup fulls of dough. Roll into ball. Flatten slightly with a glass then dip in sesame seeds.