1 cwhite sugar
1/2 cbrown sugar, lightly packed
1 1/2 cflour
1 tspbaking soda
1 1/2 cold fashioned oatmeal
3/4 cfinely chopped walnuts
1 tspvanilla extract
How to Make Selma's Best Oatmeal Cookies
- Cream together the shortening, white sugar and brown sugar.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and cinnamon. Add it to first mixture.
- Then add the oatmeal, walnuts and vanilla.
Chill dough for an hour.
- Drop walnut sized pieces on a greased cookie sheet.
Butter the bottom of a small glass, then dip it in granulated sugar and use to flatten out the cookie balls. Just keep dipping in sugar-you don't need to re-butter the bottom of the glass.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
Makes about 6 dozen cookies