Secret Kiss Cookies/Russian Tea Cakes with a twist
My favorite way to eat them though is with the hershey kiss snuggled inside : ) Nana made them this way when I got older and quite frankly I love them!! Who wouldnt enjoy biting into powdered sugary goodness filled with a smooth chocolate center?
- 2 stick
- butter, softened
- 1/2 c
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 c
- chopped pecans or walnuts
- hersheys kisses, unwrapped
- powdered sugar
I HAVE ALSO GOTTEN CREATIVE AND USED THE FLAVORED HERSHEYS KISSES WHEN AVAILABLE THRUOUT THE YEAR SUCH AS THE CORDIAL CHERRY AND CARAMEL VARIETIES
ANOTHER JAP MEMBER CHERYL ROMANO MAKES THESE USING A MARASCHINO CHERRY (WIPED DRY) IN THE CENTER! THIS SOUNDS AMAZING AND I AM DEFINITELY GIVING IT A TRY!
How to Make Secret Kiss Cookies/Russian Tea Cakes with a twist
- 1Beat butter, granulated sugar and vanilla in large bowl until fluffy.
- 2Add flour and walnuts and beat on low speed of mixer until well blended.
- 3Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours or until dough is firm enough to handle.
- 4Heat oven to 375°F.
- 5Shape about 1 tablespoon of dough around each hersheys kiss and roll to make ball. (Make sure chocolate is completely covered) Put cookies on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 6Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are set but not brown.
- 7Cool slightly. While cookies are still slightly warm, roll them in powdered sugar. Cool completely. (I roll mine again after cooled)
- 8If you prefer you can mix together cocoa and powdered sugar and roll them in that.