☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 cunbleached all-purpose flour
2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1 cchopped nuts, optional
1 csour cream or plain yogurt
1 tspvanilla extract
2 capples, peeled and chopped
How to Make Second Day Apple Squares
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and butter.
- Blend at low speed, until the mixture forms fine crumbs.
- If you want to include them, stir in the nuts now.
- Place about 2 3/4 cups of the crumb mixture into an ungreased pan, about 13 x 9 inches.
- Press down firmly.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except for the apples) to the remaining crumb mixture.
- Blend well.
- Stir the chopped apples into the batter.
- Spoon the batter evenly over the crumb base in the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
- If you use the larger pan, bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool before cutting, or better yet, wait 24 hours before cutting.
- Store loosely covered.