SCREAMING............ ICE CREAM SANDWICES !
WE ALL SCREAM FOR ICE CREAM!!!
These make wonderful treats for a party... or a nice litte treat anytime!
*** You can make any shape and size you want... The kids love them!
1 cbutter, unsalted (softened)
2 1/4 csugar
2 tspvanilla extract
1 2/3 call purpose flour (plus some for dusting)
1 1/2 cdutch process cocoa powder
1-3 boxbuy the flavor(s) of ice cream you like or stick with traditional vanilla
How to Make SCREAMING............ ICE CREAM SANDWICES !
- Cream together the sugar, salt and butter. Mix in the eggs and vanilla. Sift the cocoa and flour together into the bowl a little at a time, mixing as you go. When finished. Divide into three pieces.
- Dust two sheets of parchment paper with flour. Roll the dough out between the two sheets of parchment paper to about 1/4 inch thick. Slide the parchment paper dough onto a baking sheet.
Reapeat until all three pieces of dough are rolled out.
Put the pan of parchment covered dough into the refrigerator for two hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Take one sheet of dough out at a time. Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough into desired shape and size squares or rectangles (2x2 or 2x4 inches).
- Place the cookies about 2 inches apart on parchment lined baking sheet. Refrigerate 1/2 an hour. Repeat until all the dough is done.
- Place the first pan of cookies in the oven and bake about 15 - 20 minutes. The cookies will be firmer and a little darker around the edges.
- Cool the cookies on a wire baking rack.
Repeat baking process and cooling process until all cookies are done.
- When completely cooled, be prepared to work fast!
Slice the ice cream block into about 1/2 to 1-inch thinck slices. Cut the slices to fit your cookies. Do about 5 or 6 at a time, placing them on a cold baking sheet, and then take to the freezer before making more.
Repeat the process until all are done. When they are frozen solid, wrap them individually in plastic wrap and put into a plastic storage container to store.
- *** These are good frozen for two weeks.
*** If you want round sandwiches, use a round cookie or biscuit cutter 2-4 inches. (use the same cutter to make circles of ice cream too).
*** You can also cut the ice cream to desired size and freeze solid on a baking sheet while the cookies are in the oven (makes things go faster).