Are we ready for tea? =^..^=
★★★★★ 2 votes5
2 cbutter (not margarine)
1 cbrown sugar, packed
4 1/2 call-purpose flour
How to Make Scottish Shortbread
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugar with a mixer. Add 3 to 3 ¾ cups flour. Mix well.
- Sprinkle board with remaining flour. Knead for 5 minutes, adding enough flour to make a soft dough.
- Roll to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut into 3 x 1 inch strips. Prick with fork and place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325 degrees F. for 20 to 25 minutes, until light brown and done. Cool before storing in an airtight container.