How to Make Scottish Shortbread
- Preheat oven to 350 f
- Cream butter and sugar with a mixer.
- Add flour and salt and mix with a wooden spoon. Use hands to make sure all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Press dough into an ungreased 10x15 inch jelly roll pan. Prick all over with a fork, making sure the fork hits the pan and the pricks are close together. Sprinkle liberally with sugar.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350 f. Reduce heat to 300 f, and bake for approximately 40 minutes more.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then cut into finger sized bars. Allow to cool completely before removing.