My family always digs into them before they're cool so we tend to eat lots of crumbs instead of bars, which is just fine with us.
How to Make Scotch Teas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Add brown sugar and stir to combine.
- Remove from heat and stir in oats, salt and baking powder.
- Put mixture into 8"x8" baking pan. Press it down lightly.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- (They need to cool a little before cutting, but as soon as they're removed from the oven, be sure to go around the side edges of the pan with a knife so they don't stick to the side as it cools.)