★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 c
- 3/4 c
- egg, beaten
- 1 tsp
- almond extract
- 2 3/4 c
- cake flour
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
How to Make Scandinavian Butter Cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; adjust oven racks to positions #2 and #4.
- 2Cream butter with the sugar until light and fluffy.
- 3Beat in the beaten egg and almond extract (note: vanilla, lemon, or any other flavor may be used instead of the almond); beat until very smooth.
- 4Sift the flour together with the salt and baking powder; beat into the butter mixture.
- 5Mold onto an ungreased cookie sheet, with a cookie press or a large pastry bag fitted with a large star tip.
- 6Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.