★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 pkg
- pillsbury sugar cookie dough (slice/bake)
- 1 can(s)
- pillsbury vanilla frosting
- red food coloring
- 1 pkg
- miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 pkg
- chocolate chips or green m & m's
- 1/8 pkg
- red hots candy
How to Make Santa Cookies
- 1Slice cookie dough into 20 medium to large round cookies. Place on cookie sheet, and bake according to package directions. Remove from oven, and cool slightly. Remove from cookie sheet, and allow to cool completely.
- 2Spoon 1/2 of icing into small bowl. Add a few drops of red food coloring. Stir until blended into a reddish pink color.
- 3Frost 2/3 of the bottom of the cookie with white icing. (This is the face.)Frost 1/3 of top of the cookie with red icing. ((This is Santa's cap.) Decorate Santa's face with chocolate chips or green M&M's for eyes with a red hot nose. Trim the cookie with marshmallows to frame the cap (hair) and lower face (beard).
- 4Make sure to leave at least one of Santa's cookies for the jolly elf himself! (With a large glass of milk!) This will definitely put you on his "Nice" list!!
- 5Note: White icing can be mixed with chocolate icing in order to create a pale chocolate icing to make African American "Santas." The boys had a little friend who once informed me that "Santa was not white!" After that, I always usually made a mixed batch to cover all bases!