★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 stickunsalted butter at room temperature
1/3 cgranulated sugar
2 Tbsplight brown sugar (i use any kind that i have on hand.)
2 tspvanilla extract
2 csifted unbleached all-purpose flour
1 cchopped pecans
3 or more Tbspsifted confectioners' sugar
How to Make Sandies
- Beat butter and sugar. Add brown sugar, water, vanilla, and beat.
- Add flour an pecans. Wrap in wax paper an chill for an hour or so.
- Soften slightly. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Flatten with a fork.
- Bake t 325 for 20 minutes.
- Cool a little on baking sheet; then roll in confectioners' sugar. Cool on wire rack.