Salty Salted Caramel Shortbread Cookies
Vanessa "Nikita" Milare
1 1/2 cunslated butter, softened
1 tspvanilla extract
3 1/2 call purpose flour
1 pkgcaramels, unwrapped
4 ozsemi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tspcoarse salt,
How to Make Salty Salted Caramel Shortbread Cookies
- First pre-heat the oven to 350F. in a large bowl, beat 1 1/2 cups butter with the electric mixer on high speed until creamy. Then beat in the sugar & vanilla. Then on low speed add in the flour until well blended.
- Next divide the dough in half between 2 sheets of waxed paper. Then roll 1 portion of the dough to 1/4 inch in thickness. Then cut with a 2 1/2 inch round cookie cutter. Then place on an ungreased cookie sheet, place the cutouts about 2 inches apart. Then repeat with the remaining dough.
- Next bake for about 12 to 14 mins or until set & a light golden brown. Make sure not to over bake. Then remove from the cookie sheets & place on a cooling rack to completely cool.
- Then in a small microwaveable bowl, microwave the caramele & the milk uncovered on high for about 2 mins & 30 seconds. Make sure to stir every 30 seconds until melted & smooth. Then frost each cookie with about 1 rounded tsp. caramel mixture.
- Then in another small bowl microwavwable bowl melt the chocolate & 1 tbsp. butter uncovered on high for about 1 min & 30 seconds. Make sure to stir every 30 seconds untill melted & smooth. Then drizzle the chocoalte over each cookie & sprinkle with the salt. Then let stand until set.