Saltine Cracker Toffee
It is so simple to make and tastes great too!
Hope you enjoy!
- saltine crackers or enough to line a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan
- 1 c
- unsalted butter
- 1 c
- packed brown sugar
- 2 c
- milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- optional 3/4 cups chopped pecans
How to Make Saltine Cracker Toffee
- 1Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet or jelly roll an with the saltine crackers in a single layer.
- 2IN a small pot combine sugar and butter and bring to a bubble. Once mixture is at a bubble continue cooking for three minutes. Mixture should be a deep caramel color. Immediately pour over the crackers and spread to cover them completely.
- 3Bake at 400 degrees for 5-6 minutes. The crackers will look bubbly. Remove from oven.
- 4Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave until they are smooth. Spread crackers with the melted chocolate chips and top with chopped nuts, if desired. Cool completely and break into pieces.