Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 call purpose flour
1/2 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
1 cbutter, unsalted, softened
1 cbrown sugar, packed
1 tsppure vanilla extract
2 csemi-sweet chocolate chips
·sea salt or fleur de sel
1 cchopped pecans (optional)
How to Make Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter 2 baking sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Sift dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Cream butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Blend in egg and vanilla with a spoon. Add flour mixture and chocolate chips. Add pecans if using them.
- Scoop balls of dough about walnut size and place on cookie sheets about an inch apart. They will spread. Sprinkle a few flakes of salt on top of each cookie.
- Bake 10 - 14 minutes until golden around the edges. Cookies should still be softish in the centre. Remove from baking sheet and allow to cool on rack.
- Baking time will vary depending on size of cookies. Watch and test every couple minutes until ready.