Sage Shortbread Cookies
Geoffry Le Cher
Hebal sage, sweet shortbread and coarse kosher saltiness make this a huge sucess every time I make these lovlies.
- 2 c
- ap flour
- 1/2 c
- confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- dried, rubbed dalmatian sage - no substitutes!
- 1 tsp
- coarse kosher salt - no substitutes!
- 2 stick
- unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch-thick pieces, room temperature
- confectionerss sugar for dusting
How to Make Sage Shortbread Cookies
- 1Blend first 4 ingredients in processor.
Add butter; using on/off turns, process until dough comes together.
Divide in half. Shape each dough piece into log about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
Chill until firm enough to slice, about 30 minutes.
Position 1 rack in top third and 1 rack in bottom third of oven; preheat to 350°F.
Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
Cut each dough log into 1/3- to 1/2-inch-thick rounds; place on sheets.
Bake 10 minutes.
Reverse sheets so bottom sheet is on top rack of oven and top sheet is on bottom rack.
Bake until cookies are golden, about 10-15 minutes longer.
Cool on racks.
Once cool, dust with confectioners sugar.