1 cbutter, softened
1/2 cconfectioners' sugar, sifted
1 tspvanilla extract
2 1/4 call purpose flour, sifted
3/4 cwalnuts, finely chopped
·confectioner's (powdered) sugar, for coating cookies
How to Make Russian Teacakes
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Mix butter, sugar, and vanilla together thoroughly
- Sift flour and salt together; stir into butter mixture. Mix in chopped walnuts.
- When completely mixed, chill dough in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Roll chilled dough into one inch balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake until set, but not brown (about 10 - 12 minutes)
- While still warm, roll in confectioner's (powdered) sugar. Let cool, then roll in sugar again