- 1 c
- butter, softened
- 1/2 c
- confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 1/4 c
- all purpose flour, sifted
- 3/4 c
- walnuts, finely chopped
- confectioner's (powdered) sugar, for coating cookies
How to Make Russian Teacakes
- 1Preheat oven to 400 F
- 2Mix butter, sugar, and vanilla together thoroughly
- 3Sift flour and salt together; stir into butter mixture. Mix in chopped walnuts.
- 4When completely mixed, chill dough in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- 5Roll chilled dough into one inch balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- 6Bake until set, but not brown (about 10 - 12 minutes)
- 7While still warm, roll in confectioner's (powdered) sugar. Let cool, then roll in sugar again