Russian Tea Cakes
How to Make Russian Tea Cakes
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. In a large bowl combine ½ cup powdered sugar, salt, the butter, Vanilla and Almond extract until light and fluffy. Fold in the almonds in and stir until a dough forms. (you may need to add a little more flour, but don’t over do it)
- Cool the dough in the refrigerator for about ½ hour.
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator and shape into 1- inch balls. Place them on baking sheet about 1 inch apart.
- Bake 13-15 minutes until set but not brown. Immediately remove from baking pans and put onto cooling racks.
- Place 1 & ½ Cups powdered sugar in a bowl and roll the cookies in them. Make sure they are cool or the sugar will just melt on the cookies.