★★★★★ 1 vote5
- egg whites
- 1 c
- 1 c
- ground almonds or almond meal
- 2 oz
- semi-sweet baking chocolate, grated
- 1 tsp
- ground cinnamon
How to Make Russian Meringue Cookies
- 1Adjust the oven racks to #2 and #4; line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Fit an electric mixer with the whisk attachment; beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks.
- 2While still beating, slowly add the sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks are formed. Fold in the ground Almonds, chocolate and cinnamon.
- 3Form cookies with 2 teaspoons; place them about 1" apart on the prepared pans.
- 4Bake for 30 minutes at 300 degrees; allow the cookies to dry on the pans before transferring to a serving platter.