Rum Puff Cookies
How to Make Rum Puff Cookies
- Put cold water, salt, and butter in a small pot and bring to a boil.
- Remove from stove and with a wooden spoon, slowly stir in sifted flour. Continue stirring until mixture is perfectly smooth and lump free.
- Then, break eggs, one at a time, beating them thoroughly into the batter in the pot.
- Lastly, add raisins, minced cherries, and rum. Blend everything well.
- Set mixture aside while heating cooking oil in a pot to about 360 degrees. When ready, carefully drop batter by teaspoons full into the hot oil. Fry until golden brown on all sides. These cookies will puff up and become extremely light.
- When done, drain on brown paper. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.