Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer Cookies
(YOU CAN ALSO CUT THIS RECIPE IN HALF SHOULD YOU ONLY WANT 32 COOKIES).... IT WAS ORIGINALLY 32. I doubled it because it was never enough.....
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Are these not the cutest little cookies?! These little deers are ideal for getting the kiddos involved. They have a pretty subtle peanut butter flavor, so feel free to decorate away!
If you can believe it, we weren't able to find the red gumdrops called for in the recipe, so used dried cranberries instead. We were pleased with the way they turned out and would highly recommend making these for your next kid party. The Test Kitchen
1 cpeanut butter
2 1/2 cflour
1 tspbaking soda
1 tspbaking powder
1 tspvanilla extract (real vanilla)
1 1/2 cchopped peanuts
64 smallred gumdrops
1 pkgsemisweet miniature chocolate chip pieces
How to Make Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer Cookies
- Beat butter and peanut butter for 30 seconds.
- Add half the flour, the sugar, honey, eggs, baking soda, baking powder, and vanilla. Beat until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in the remaining flour. Stir in peanuts. cover and chill thoroughly at least one hour (1 hour) or until the dough is easy to handle.
- Work with half the dough at a time, keeping the rest refrigerated. Using one Tablespoon of the dough, shape it into a triangle about 2 and 1/2 inches long and 2 inches wide on an ungreased cookie sheet. Lightly press pretzel antlers into sides at wide end of triangles. Add gumdrop noses and chocolate pieces for eyes.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 7 to 8 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Let cool 2 minutes on cookies sheet and then carefully remove to rack to cool.
- Makes 64 cookies. This is a great kid cookie treat. They go fast. Great to take to kid parties and not so sweet that you don't feel super bad.....