Royal Chip Cookies
Mary Nell Forester
The Cookie Jar
You may talk about your vases,
just how beautiful they are.
But to me there's nothing nicer
than a well filled cookie jar.
Ginger cookies, raisin cookies,
some with walnuts, some with spice,
Orange cookies, chocolate cookies,
why, I think they all are nice.
And that cookie jar of Mothers
Stands upon the pantry shelf.
When I'm hungry she will tell me
I may go and help myself.
Yes, I've seen some handsome vases,
Brought from near or from far,
But there's nothing that is prettier,
Than a well filled cookie Jar!
(this was submitted by Gertrude Rollins)
4 1/2 cflour
2 tspbaking soda
1 1/2 csugar
1 1/2 cbrown sugar
2 cshortening can be mixed butter flavor and plain
2 tspsqueezed orange juice
·zest of 1 orange
1 pkg12oz chocolate chips
2 cpecans, in pieces
How to Make Royal Chip Cookies
- Combine Flour, soda and salt, set aside
- In a separate bowl combine sugars, shortening, vanilla and juice. Beat until mixture is creamy: beat in eggs.
- Add flour mixture 1/2 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in chocolate chips, nuts and orange peel.
- Refrigerate dough several hours or overnight.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees 10 - 12 minutes. allow to cool 2-3 minutes before removing from sheet.
- Makes 9 dozen cookies