- 1 c
- butter or marjarine
- 1 c
- brown sugar (i use splenda for diabetic)
- 1 1/2 c
- uncooked rolled oats (not instant or quick cook)
- 1 2/3 c
- sifted pastry flour, or 1 1/2 cup sifted all purpose flour
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/2 tsp
How to Make rolled oat shortbread cookies
- 1Cream butter and gradually blend in sugar, and add rolled oats.
- 2Add flour, salt and baking soda and sift (it does make a difference in outcome of cookies)
- 3Gradually mix into rolled oat mixture.
- 4On wax paper on a cookie sheet, roll out dough to 1/3" thickness and let chill until firm enough to cut - about 20 mins.
- 5Cut into fingers 3/4" by 1 1/2" and place on ungreased pan.
- 6Bake at 325 degrees for 15 - 20 mins., let cool on rack so bottom stops cooking.