RICOTTA COOKIES FOR EASTER
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Delicately sweet and soft, these cookies are scrumptious. The ricotta is a great addition to the recipe. These are almost too pretty eat! The Test Kitchen
1 cbutter, softened
15 ozricotta cheese
2 tspvanilla extract
4 call purpose flour
2 Tbspbaking powder
1 1/2 cconfectioners' sugar
How to Make RICOTTA COOKIES FOR EASTER
- Preheat oven to 350*. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl (or your stand mixer bowl), at low speed, beat the sugar and butter until combined. Increase speed to high and beat until light and fluffy (about 5 minutes). Reduce speed to medium and beat in the ricotta, vanilla and eggs.
- Reduce speed to low and add flour, baking powder and salt; beat until dough forms.
- Drop dough by level tablespoons, about 2 inches apart; onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 10-15 (ovens vary) minutes or until cookies are very lightly golden (cookies will be soft). With spatula, remove cookies to wire rack to cool.
- When cookies are cool, prepare icing. In small bowl, stir confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth and spread on cooled cookies.