★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 c
- sugar (sugar substitute can by used)
- 1 c
- margarine/butter, softened
- 1 pkg
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- large eggs
- 4 c
- all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 1 tsp
- 1 1/2 c
- confectioner sugar
- 3 Tbsp
- candy sprinkles, decorations (optional)
How to Make Ricotta Cheese Cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In large bowl with mixer at low speed, beat sugar and margarine/butter until well blended. Increase speed to high; beat until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- 3At medium speed add ricotta, vanilla and eggs until well combined.
- 4Reduce speed to low. Add flour, baking powder, salt; beat until dough forms.
- 5Drop by level tablespoon, 2 inches apart, on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 6Bake about 15 minutes or until cookies are very lightly golden (cookies will be soft). Remove cookies to wire rack to cool. Repeat.
- 7Prepare Icing: In small bowl stir confectioner sugar and milk until smooth. Spread on cooled cookies. Decorate (optional). Allow icing to dry for 1 hour.
- 8Yield: 6 dozen cookies