RICE KRISPIE SANDWICH COOKIES
How to Make RICE KRISPIE SANDWICH COOKIES
- Butter a 13' X 9" pan. Can spray with Pam or other cooking spray, also.
- Melt butterscotch chips and peanut butter in large pan over low/med heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; add in rice krispies cereal, making sure it is well coated.
- Using half of the cereal mixture, place into prepared pan, pressing firmly with buttered hands. Set in refrigerator until chilled.
- In small saucepan, melt chocolate chips, butter, & water together over low/med heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat & stir in powdered sugar, mixing completely. Spread this mixture over cereal layer in pan.
- Top with remaining cereal mixture, again pressing firmly. Return to refrigerator to chill well. I score it before chilling because it is harder to cut when real cold.
- NOTE: I have substituted milk choc in cereal mixture, p.b chips for filling; also milk choc in cereal, mint flavor chips for filling; p.b. chips for cereal, milk choc for filling; I know someone who used Heath toffee bits in cereal mix & milk choc for filling...was yummy! You could also use the Andes candies for filling instead of cooked filling, but takes a lot to completely cover the pan. Use your imagination!! Possibilities are endless!