Rice Krispie Easter Baskets
6 crice krispie cereal
·pipe cleaners or fuzzy sticks
1 smallbag of shredded coconut
1/2 bottlegreen food coloring
·assorted jelly bean candy
How to Make Rice Krispie Easter Baskets
- Butter 16 muffin tins and set aside.
- Melt butter and marshmallows in a large kettle on medium heat until marshmallows are all melted and smooth.
- Remove mixture from heat and Pour cereal into melted marshmallows and mix until cereal is well coated with the marshmallow.
- Place about 3 big heaping spoons ( or so )in each muffin tin (with tips of fingers dipped in cold water) press mixture up the sides if the tins , making a well in the center to form a basket shape.
- Stick pipe cleaners or fuzzy sticks ( located in the craft dept. ; cut in half )stick into rice krispie shell to form a handle; they will stay in once cereal mixture cools and sets , you can also use long licorice sticks for the handles and the whole basket will be edible.
- Place coconut in a zip bag and add 1/2 bottle of green food coloring and mix up until all the coconut is green.
- Fill a big pinch of green coconut in the well of each for the grass and top with several jelly beans in each basket.
- Let them cool in the tins until they have set ; run a knife around sides to loosen baskets and remove to a rack to continue to dry.