Raspberry Oatmeal Bars - Dee Dee's
I adopted this recipe, made some changes to reflect the way I make these Raspberry Bars.
You can use different perserves for a different flavor bar...Apricot, fig..etc.
And, it's been suggested that you can use apple pie filling instead of the jam or preserves...YUM!!
I think there are a lot of variations for this recipe, let your imagination run wild!
3/4 cbutter, softened
1 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1 1/2 call purpose flour
1 1/2 crolled oats
1/2 tspbaking powder
1(10 ounce) jar raspberry preserves, seedless
·walnuts, chopped, optional
How to Make Raspberry Oatmeal Bars - Dee Dee's
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until smooth. Combine the oats, flour, salt and baking powder; stir into the creamed mixture. This mixture will be crumbly.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until light brown. Note: Watch close, being careful not to burn.
- Don't get in a hurry, cool completely before cutting into bars. NOTE: If you cut before these are completely cooled, you will have a gooey mess.