Raspberry Oatmeal Bars - Dee Dee's
Diane Hopson Smith
I adopted this recipe, made some changes to reflect the way I make these Raspberry Bars.
You can use different perserves for a different flavor bar...Apricot, fig..etc.
And, it's been suggested that you can use apple pie filling instead of the jam or preserves...YUM!!
I think there are a lot of variations for this recipe, let your imagination run wild!
- 3/4 c
- butter, softened
- 1 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 c
- rolled oats
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- (10 ounce) jar raspberry preserves, seedless
- walnuts, chopped, optional
How to Make Raspberry Oatmeal Bars - Dee Dee's
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Grease a 9 x 13-inch pan.
- 3In a large bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until smooth. Combine the oats, flour, salt and baking powder; stir into the creamed mixture. This mixture will be crumbly.
- 5Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until light brown. Note: Watch close, being careful not to burn.
- 6Don't get in a hurry, cool completely before cutting into bars. NOTE: If you cut before these are completely cooled, you will have a gooey mess.